The DRI Foundation is committed to meet the philanthropic goals of DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar. The organization uses tax exempt gifts and grants to fund law-related public service projects, support the judicial system and further the interests of the defense bar.
Contributions to the DRI Foundation will also help DRI obtain the following organizational goals:
• Education: To teach and educate and to improve the skills of the defense law practitioner
• Justice: To strive for improvement in the civil justice system
• Balance: To be a counterpoint to the plaintiff's bar and seek balance in the justice system in the minds of potential jurors and on all fields where disputes are resolved
• Economics: To assist members in dealing with the economic realities of the defense law practice, including the competitive legal marketplace
• Professionalism and Service: To urge members to practice ethically and responsibly, keeping in mind the lawyer's responsibilities that go beyond the interest of the client to the good of American society as a whole.
The DRI Foundation is not-for-profit organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c) (6).